New guy from New York

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm
Hi guys, been a lurker for a while, figure it's time to join in. I'm a 63 yo recently retired grandpa. Love hunting and shooting, have a modest collection of guns.
Only own one Winchester, it's a '94 in 30-30 I bought new in 1976. Set me back a whole $88.00. Over the years I added a Williams peep sight and sling swivels. I used it last fall to fill my doe tag, and it still works!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:12 pm
trucker wrote:Hi guys, been a lurker for a while, figure it's time to join in. I'm a 63 yo recently retired grandpa. Love hunting and shooting, have a modest collection of guns.
Only own one Winchester, it's a '94 in 30-30 I bought new in 1976. Set me back a whole $88.00. Over the years I added a Williams peep sight and sling swivels. I used it last fall to fill my doe tag, and it still works!
Welcome. I recently found a 1963 M 94 that was a safe find at an estate sale. It's also a 30-30. I shot my first buck at 10 years old with a 1963 M 94 and couldn't believe that the stars had aligned and I was actually buying the same gun (not actually the same gun I dont think). It goes with me in my Jeep or Truck and true to 94 folklore, its always at the ready. It already has 2 coyotes to its name. I payed 700.00 for it. Not bad when you consider that a new one is 1300.00.

Try the Hornady Leverevolution ammo in it, you'll be amazed how well it shoots.
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:43 am
Howdy, sorry I'm late to the party! but welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions.
ripjack13

Return to New Member Welcome Area