New from NC

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:26 pm
Stumbled upon this site after searching for some parts for a Winchester 1200 project that was dropped in my lap a couple of days ago.

Anyone have any idea where I can locate some of the missing or damaged parts would be great. Trying to build up a price list. Already have plans for the completed project.

Parts needed are:

Barrel (plain preferred, but vent not a problem)
Ejector spring.
Magazine end cap.

Thanks for the help.
Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:41 pm
Welcome to Winchester Owners forum! Its great to have you as part of our growing community. I will keep my eye out for those parts but I have a feeling going to Brownells or a place like that would be cheapest for the ejector spring and magazine end cap. The barrel should be easier to find used, have you tried www.gunbroker.com?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:52 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum purple88yj !!

I personally can't help you with parts, but there are plenty of helpful members here that will be able to help you in your quest...enjoy the site !!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:18 pm
DHonovich wrote:The barrel should be easier to find used, have you tried http://www.gunbroker.com?

Yeah, I have looked, and right now, there are a couple I'm keeping an eye on. Looked on the web, and it seems that if I wanted a barrel for a 16 or 20 I could have my pick of the litter. A 12 on the other hand not being so easy to find.

I do have my ears to the ground through some other sources, but so far no dice. It will all come with due time. Like I said, this is a no rush project as I have a 1200 that is set up for HD now. This would just wind up being a secondary, maybe even a truck gun.

===========================================

Thanks for the replies. Nice to see that this forum is alive. Some that I have scouted had no life to them at all. Looks like this one is going to be all 7's.
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:16 am
I am glad you are enjoying your stay on the site.

I love the idea of a truck gun, unfortunately where i live in NY guns in cars are very frowned upon :(

Return to New Member Welcome Area