Hi from Indiana

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:10 am
Hi all, my name is Paul, and I’m a new guy from central Indiana. I just got a Winchester 1892 short rifle in .45 Colt. I found it in the local gun shop, the guy said he sold it to a fella new a couple of yrs ago, but the poor guy lost his job cuz of C19. I got a really good deal as the guns never been fired, it was bought , and kept in the box in a safe. I felt bad, the way the original owner had to part with it, but the rifle has a good permanent home now. It’s at the smiths right now getting the bore slugged so I know what size boolits to cast for it. It’s my third leeeever action rifle, I also own a Henry Golden Boy, and an 1894 Marlin in 44 mag.
I got bit by the cawboy gun bug a couple of yrs ago and have steel targets set up at the end of the property, and when the weather permits I shoot daily. I’m 68 yrs old, but when I strap on my SAA, and my leeever gun to go shoot I feel like an eleven yr old kid again.
Paul
20g
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:18 am
Howdy Paul,

Welcome to Winchester therapy.

You did good with the "92. I never made it to Cowboy shooting. Wish I had.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:59 pm
Welcome, participate and enjoy. My '92 is a .25-20 it's a little older than yours.
Too old to be nice, never too old to learn!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:42 pm
Well thanks for the warm welcome
Paul

Return to New Member Welcome Area