New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:03 pm
Hi all,
New member here from Central Alabama. Been reading here for some time. Lots of knowledge here! Gotta start off with a question. I have a 1958 30-30 in great condition, meaning just the usual wear for a rifle this old. Shoots great. I want to put a sling on. Will I ruin this rifle by doing so? Never planning to sell just pass on to kids.
Not sure if I should post this someplace different or not. Thanks.
20g
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:09 pm
Hello SGT. Welcome to the forum.

Please don't take my comments as harsh. My subjective opinion toward slings is, they are for military guns and guns used for hunting. However, your gun, your choice.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:09 am
redryder, no sweat and a big OOH RAH! Semper Fi! I served 1980 to 1990. And yeah I'm ok w/slings for bolt actions, but the cowboy in me really struggles with messing with my lever action! However, I am a little lazy....

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:58 pm
Welcome Sarg. I also have some older lever rifles one of which is set up for a sling however I also am not partial to them. I have found those removable or slip on or what ever their called sling handy for my duck guns and as a convenience with others. Basically a rope of sorts with a loop at both ends.
Too old to be nice, never too old to learn!

Return to New Member Welcome Area