Answered The Invitation

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:46 pm
Hello All,

I was invited to join via PM on another shotgun site. WinchesterOwners.com could really be a good one as the old pre-64 Winchesters have a lively following. I note that Pauline, Sam Hoggson, and Winchester 1912 are all here. Pauline and Sam are a font of knowledge when it comes to identifying old guns (always a challenge on Model 12's), and determining provenance. I've learned a lot from both in other forums, and Winchester1912 and I have traded posts in the past too. I've posted a couple photos of some of my babies on the M21 and M12 forum; I hope others will do the same.

I live in southern IN and am a competitive sporting clays shooter. I shoot a Perazzi in sporting but have a modest collection of old Model 12's and one Model 21. I enjoy shooting them for fun although when I shoot registered trap it's always with a Model12 or my M21. I love these guns for what they are and how they shoot. I'm most impressed with the fact they were produced before the age of computers, CNC, and other modern metalworking and design tools. The old Winchesters are truly a product of the gunmaker's art. Oh, and I love pretty wood! Cheers.

Eric

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:05 am
Eric, glad you're here and I concur with you on the old Winchesters. I grew up with a Model 12 that was my only shotgun from age 16 to well into my 40s. Then the collecting bug bit me and with that, began to read everything I could find about Winchester. I really enjoyed all of the old factory picures, they really took me back to a simpler, better time. Then I read Pauline's book and the history just grabbed me for good. To have Pauline and Sam on this forum is a major asset to everyone who wants learn. Once again, welcome aboard Eric, I'll look foward to learning from you as well.

-Mitch
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:20 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum winmod21 !!
Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:40 am
Welcome to Winchester Owners forum! We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sub-forums and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please enjoy your stay.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:24 am
Welcome
"Im just a Peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns"
Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:43 pm
Welcome to our growing community!!!

Return to New Member Welcome Area