New member from Oregon

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:18 pm
Hello All, My name is John Webb. I've lived in Oregon for most of my life. Grew up using pre-64 winchesters, Never really thought about collecting firearms until about 5 years ago. Probably have an equal mixture of rifles VS shotguns. My favorites are model 12 shotguns, as I am a pretty active trapshooter. In todays age of alloy receivers and stamped parts. I have found myself really appreciating the craftsmanship of the pre-64 winchester era guns. I know it probably is just in my head, but these guns feel better to me when I'm shooting, not to mention that it is intriguing to buy a used gun knowing that it came before me, and will more than likely outlast me. I often times wondered, who owned them before me, and what stories they could tell, if they could talk. Call me nostalgic. Will look forward to learning, and discussing guns Winchester. Thank You for creating this site!
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:25 pm
Welcome to WinchesterOwners.com, We are glad that you have chosen to be a part of our growing community. We hope you enjoy your time on the site. I feel the same way about shooting Winchesters, its like your holding/shooting a piece of history. When you get a chance I would love to see pictures of your collection.

Vendor
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:17 pm
Hi Longliner. Glad you joined this forum!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:33 pm
Greetings Longliner. Welcome to the forum. I too, am a fan of the Model 12 and collect them as well as a few other Winchesters.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:13 pm
Thanks for the great welcome! I will try to learn how to post pictures this winter, but I've got to tell you, computer knowledge is not a strong suit for me.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:18 am
Greetings longliner , from the UK ;)
God Created Man And God Created Woman
Sam Colt Made Them Equal

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:26 pm
Welcome to Winchester Owners :mrgreen:
"Im just a Peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns"
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:02 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum longliner !!

Return to New Member Welcome Area