G'day from Australia!

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

.22LR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:24 am
Long term Winchester user. My first new rifle was a Winchester 22 bolt gun and my next new one was a 94 in 44Mag.

My current Winchesters are:
92s in 25/20, 32/20 and 44/40
94s in 30/30 (one is a 1961 made carbine, the other is a Classic, rifle length barrel)
Model 70s, a 1961 built 270Win and a Deluxe/XTR/whatever push feed in 22/250.

I fancy a Model 70 in 338WM and 375H&H (I currently use Ruger No1s and Remington700 for these calibres). I have an old Pachmyr Low Swing scope mount and a Redfield Peep sight for the model 70, which I'd like to see on a 375H&H.

I am also fond of the 416Rigby and use a Ruger No1 for that.

Into anything to do with hunting, shooting, outdoors, diy, home preserving, vege gardening skills, wood, metal and leatherwork and anything else that looks interesting.

I tried to upload an avitar pic, but gave up after an hour of frustration. I will try again tomorrow.
"I'll helpyou down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

Towns tamed, widders consoled, deep thoughts thunk, sipping whisky graded.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:47 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:15 pm
Thanks Shooter13! I forgot to mention it was 1966 when I bought that Deluxe 22LR bolt rifle and not much later for the 44Mag. Winchester sales seem to be low here of late, Ruger Americans and Savage Axis, etc sell for a bit over $500 (with a scope!) and Winchesters are around $1700+

That pulls a lot of shooters up. It doesn't pull me up, butttttttttttttttttttt, it sure slows me down when considering a new rifle.
"I'll helpyou down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

Towns tamed, widders consoled, deep thoughts thunk, sipping whisky graded.

Return to New Member Welcome Area