Old Winchester/Western/Olin Guy

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:25 pm
Hi Ya'all. Been a Wincester/Western/Olin guy all of my life. Guess it's in my blood. My Grandfather retired from the Wad Dept at the Western in East Alton. My dad was born as a result of an explosion there in 1918 (Grandma was 6 months pregnant and was running to find out if Grandpa was alive and went into labor as a result (he was alive)). I'm the first generation of my family not to work for the company in about 3 generations. My wife's father retired from the plant, etc., etc. I have several Winchester's that have been handed down along with the ones that I've bought over the years. I'm working on restoring an old Winchester Model 72 Bolt action 22 that my dad had. I'm working on rebluing the barrel. Trying to decide if I should refinish the stock as well. I figured it was in pretty bad shape wear-wise because I never saw the old man clean it, but to my surprise, the barrel looks like brand new! Hope to learn a lot more from crusing the forum. Not a big poster, but I read a lot!

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:32 pm
I haven't been here long enough to find a chair yet, but I sure welcome you.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:29 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Kevin !!
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Welcome to Winchester Owners forum! We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sub-forums and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please enjoy your stay.

Return to New Member Welcome Area