PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:38 am

Post 'em up...
"We live in a society of wolves. You do not fight back by creating more sheep."
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:41 am
Here's my little green monster...

XD40 Subcompact

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:43 am
Recently installed the 'Ultimate Match Target XD Trigger Kit' from Powder River Precision...

From PRP's web-store...

"This is almost as good as sending your XD in to us for a trigger job with out the add cost of shipping. The kit includes our famous striker safety lever, to remove the long trigger pre-travel on the XD trigger. Reduced power trigger and sear springs, to lower the pull weight. Our new sear that has a patented angle to help lighten the pull and give a smooth crisp break and our new trigger. The trigger is made of tough, light weight polymer that helps speed up the reset. It also has an integral over travel stop on the back of the trigger. This trigger is a Springfield Armory OEM part available on production XD and XDM pistols from the factory (see APPENDIX D4 — 21.6 Production Division Rules). Using this method of over travel stop removes added stress on the trigger bar that are present with any of the other over travel stop method. When installed correctly, the kit will give you a short crisp trigger pull (about 3.5-4lbs) with a fast reset and cut the total trigger pull length by about 1/2. The kit requires minor fitting and includes gunsmith installation instructions. Fits all XD models (EXCEPT the XD 45 thumb safety model)."

Here are the installation videos from PRP's youtube page...

PART 1

PART 2

Installation took me about 45 minutes in total. That included time for the minor sanding needed to fit the sear and the striker safety lever. Overall it was a very easy and straight forward installation. The end result is amazing and it really does reduce the pre-travel/over-travel by roughly half. The trigger has a whole new feel now.

After my first time out to the range with the new trigger kit, all I can say is WOW! This thing is AMAZING. I was to the point of trading in my XD40sc on something else because the factory trigger used to break like a wet carrot, but I figured I'd give the PRP trigger kit a chance. I'm glad I did. It now has a very short pull/reset, with a clean, crisp break and is an absolute pleasure to shoot. It greatly improved my results on target. I could finally concentrate on the bull instead of wondering when the trigger was about to break. Stopped by the LGS on my way home and measured the trigger pull at an average of 3.3 lbs.

I highly recommend the PRP triggers to anyone looking to improve their XD/XDM.
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:25 am
Here is my Springfield Armory XD40SC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:37 pm
I love my XD40SC.

How d'you like the XD Gear magEXT? I like the added capacity, but I had to add the grip sleeve because the gap pinches my finger with every shot. Pretty painful and VERY annoying.
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:24 pm
I liked the XD Gear magEXT a lot but I would still choose the lower capacity magazine over it if I had the choice. I agree without the sleeve it is outright painful to shoot.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:29 pm
My new Springer...

SA 1911-A1 Mil-Spec

Administrator
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:14 pm
The Springfield 1911 A1 mil-spec is on the list of firearms to get for me right now! What a beauty!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:36 pm
New pic of the A1 Mil-Spec...

...and my little green monster, the XD40sc...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:07 pm
Very nice pictures Sniper !!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:17 pm
Thank you Sir!

Return to Handguns