Browning X Bolt Hells Canyon 300 WSM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:11 pm
Well at least I kept it in the family.. FN owns Browning and Winchester. I was looking for something to replace my 6.5 Grendel AR that I thought I would use for hog hunting but after some range time and dealing with crappy magazines I decided it was time to make a change. I'll post a picture once the scope is mounted. I went with the 300 WSM because like the 30-06, everybody makes ammo for it and it's reasonably priced. I still have a 7mm phobia and can't shake it. I wanted a short action, bolt action that would still kick some serious butt and so I now own a made in Japan X Bolt.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:49 pm
sschefer wrote:Well at least I kept it in the family.. FN owns Browning and Winchester. I was looking for something to replace my 6.5 Grendel AR that I thought I would use for hog hunting but after some range time and dealing with crappy magazines I decided it was time to make a change. I'll post a picture once the scope is mounted. I went with the 300 WSM because like the 30-06, everybody makes ammo for it and it's reasonably priced. I still have a 7mm phobia and can't shake it. I wanted a short action, bolt action that would still kick some serious butt and so I now own a made in Japan X Bolt.
Pic after getting the scope mounted. I was going to put my Swavorski on it but the turret is just too high for my liking. It's better suited for my AR .308 and the range. I put my Leupold 6XD illuminated on it and it feels really nice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:23 am
Whoops, my internal spell checker messed up, it's a Swarovski not Swavorski. You think I spell it bad you ought to hear me say it. LOL..

Return to Long Guns