Stoeger SxS HD!

Are double-barreled shotguns practical for home defense?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 4

Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:29 pm
http://www.stoegerindustries.com/video/ ... e91fb0aadb

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firear ... efense.php

Get a load of Stoeger's Double Defense Shotgun, available in side-by-side or over-and-under options. Some traditionalist critics might argue that it's "hideous," and that a person's better off with the Stoeger Coach Gun—the Double Defense's shiny father instead of the SxS...

So..here's a question for you all.
Are double-barreled shotguns practical for home defense?

It's a mean-looking shotgun!
ripjack13
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:19 pm
ripjack13 wrote:Are double-barreled shotguns practical for home defense?

Yes indeed! Versatile, and in the case of those shotguns, not too long to use in close quarters.

I would love to have that over and under for deer hunting as well as rabbit hunting, and of course home defense..
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:08 pm
I used a Rossi Hammer gun for a few years in an HD role, a great little coach gun. 18 .36 caliber lead balls moving at 1000 fps is big medicine in any book.
Regards,
Guy Smith
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:26 pm
I own a Stoeger Uplander SXS with a 26" barrel.

If I cut it down to "coach gun" length...and put a few picatinny rails on it...well, I guess I would own one like in the ad...!!

To answer your question...Yea, it can be a viable self defense tool... but I myself would want more than two shots in any HD firearm.

Return to Long Guns