Winchester Model 1300, Defender 8-shot Pistol Grip

Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:04 pm
Winchester Model 1300, Defender 8-shot Pistol Grip
http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/historic-detail.asp?family=012C&offset=12&mid=512105

The Defender 8-Shot is a great all-around camp gun. It's easy to pack and carry and handles both buckshot and rifled slugs easily. The rugged Defender 8-Shot features an eight-shot magazine capacity, 18" cylinder bore barrel, non-glare metal surfaces and a composite stock and forearm. Choose from the full stock version with a removable front Truglo® fiber optic sight, the pistol grip model, or the combo version with both pistol grip and full stock included. The full stock model is available in both 12 and 20 gauge.
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:05 pm
Model 1300, Defender 8-Shot Pistol Grip & Stock Combo

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/historic-detail.asp?family=012C&offset=12&mid=512907

The Defender 8-Shot allows you to be prepared for any unseen obstacle that might come your way while in the backcountry. It's easy to pack and carry, and handles both buckshot and rifled slugs easily. The rugged Defender 8-Shot features an eight-shot magazine capacity, 18" cylinder bore barrel, non-glare metal surfaces and a lightweight composite stock and forearm. Removable front TRUGLO® fiber optic sight. Pistol grip and full stock included.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:12 am
Although I have never had a defender, I have had 5 1300's. They were all for hunting, but with a 22" barrel and screw in chokes, they were perfect for police work. With magnum loads the "speed pump" lives up to its name. I have several shotguns, 870's, Benelli Super Nova, and Ruger Red Label, but the 1300 tops them all. Awesome shotgun!
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:35 am
We would love to see your collection when you get a chance.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:59 am
stags30 wrote:We would love to see your collection when you get a chance.

Yes we would :D :) :lol: :mrgreen:
"Im just a Peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns"

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:05 pm
Hi guys...

I have a Model 1300 Defender, which came with a wooden stock and forend... very clean, very reliable, and very sturdy... (unlike other pumps I've seen that seem to be loose and have a lot of play in the action...)

I recently installed the ATI Talon Pistol Grip and Collapsible Stock with their "Scorpion Recoil System", along with an ATI Heatshield with Ghost Ring Sights.

I love the look and feel (although I haven't shot it yet), but I don't care for the "Tactical Forend" that comes with the set... It seems like cheap, lightweight plastic and comes with two optional screw-on rails at 180 degrees, right and left... Also plastic... (it doesn't even seem like a quality polymer...?)

I'm really not sure if I even want rails on the forend, as I don't think I necessarily care for anything to be mounted on the actual pump (forend) except maybe a Vertical Foregrip...? I picked up a UTG Magazine Clamp with 3 rails around it... Designed to wrap around Magazine (below the barrel), and leaves a clamp space for a light or laser, below, with the 3 integrated rails at 90 degrees, right, left, and bottom. Seems if I had a light in the clamp opening, I wouldn't really need 3 other rails there, except to maybe mount a laser...? It's a little too beefy, and I'm not sure I'll ever run it with this setup...

Nevertheless, I'm looking for a good Tactical Forend... I guess one with rails on it is ok... Any ideas? I love the Insight or Surefire forends with integrated lights, but they're a little spendy... The fact is, the form, fit, and function of the original wooden forend is awesome... Did Winchester make a similar forend in Black?

I'd also like to know your thoughts on best place to mount a tactical flashlight on a pump action shotgun...
Attachments
1300 with ATI grip and stock resized.jpg
1300 with ATI grip and stock resized.jpg (6.83 KiB) Viewed 7399 times

Return to Winchester Model 1300