Removing Forend 9422 XTR???

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:29 pm
In the process of breaking my Winchester down to have it re-blued.

I'm stumped when it comes to the removal for the forend. The front sight ramp blocks the removal of the small, front barrel band. That in turn prevents the forend from coming off of the mag tube. On a schematic it looks like the sight ramp is a permanent, non-removable part of the barrel.

I looks like the barrel and mag would have to be removed from the receiver but that does make much sense to me.

I'm hoping that I'm over looking some simple solution (wouldn't be the first time) for getting it off.

Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:29 pm
huskerbob wrote:DISREGARD - PROBLEM SOLVED

In the process of breaking my Winchester down to have it re-blued.

I'm stumped when it comes to the removal for the forend. The front sight ramp blocks the removal of the small, front barrel band. That in turn prevents the forend from coming off of the mag tube. On a schematic it looks like the sight ramp is a permanent, non-removable part of the barrel.

I looks like the barrel and mag would have to be removed from the receiver but that does make much sense to me.

I'm hoping that I'm over looking some simple solution (wouldn't be the first time) for getting it off.

Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Return to Winchester Model 9422 Rimfire