New Winchester 1892

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:17 am
Guy's,
I know most here will consider a new Winchester 1892 made in Japan not a Winchester. I realize that it is not made by the true old school Winchester company but is now a current Winchester.

Anyway I am receiving and always wanted a quality Winchester. I have had two post 1964 Winchesters and they really did nothing to make my hart race. So I am a really big 22lr fan but I really do not own a big caliber rifle. I bought a Winchester 1892 the other day and is arriving at the LGS today (10-26-2018) can't wait. I always have to cut the LOP down on all my rifles (me being only 5'5") I found this 1892 short rifle that I did not know existed in 44 Mag. that only has a 12.75 LOP. That would be great, so I bought it. I feel that the Japanese made rifle out of the Browning plant will be top notch. All steel and Quality steel like the pre 1964 were made. Do not care for the tang safety but it won't get in the way. Anyway does anyone else have one of these and how do you like it. I have two Browning rifles made in that plant that are very well made and great shooters. I even bought a Ruger Redhawk Hunter in 44 to go along with this rifle. Happy day's

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:55 am
I have one and I think it is a crackerjack rifle. Light, handy and accurate. The fit and finish are excellent. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:14 pm
Received the rifle today. Man what a Beautiful job they do at the Miroku plant in Japan. This thing is perfect. I believe the way these new rifles are being built that they are probably made better than the post 1964 Winchesters. This is my third rifle built from this plant ( I have two Browning BL-22's from there ) all are excellent in built quality.

Return to Winchester Model 1892