Old Model 69

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:35 pm
I was given a Winchester Model 69 in poor condition.

The best I can tell is that is a 1935 production according to info from here and Wikipedia. Once I got the bolt to work, it cocks on closing and has the safety knob on the rear of the bolt.

It had a lot of dirt, dust and surface rust. Using Hoppes #9 and KRoil (not together) I got most of the surface rust off and it is now operational. I scoped the bore with an endoscope after cleaning and it looks good. The stock is in good shape.

I got most surface rust off the outer barrel except for one spot that was badly pitted. It is still a work in progress.

I am not sure what to do with the pitted rust. Should I use something like Naval Jelly and re-blue just that spot?

Any recommendations?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:04 am
That would be what I would suggest Steve...

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:19 pm
I have come to the conclusion that I need to reblue the barrel. Is there documentation for removing front and rear sights and bolt disassembly? Where could I get it?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:02 pm
YouTUBE...

Search on: Model 69 and removing front and rear sights

Then...another search: Model 69 bolt disassembly.

Return to Pre-64 Models