rifle information??

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:47 am
Hi all,

New here trying to find out as much as I can about an inherited Model 70 in .270. My father owned it, but my Grandfather showed us all how a rifle should be used while he hunted with it over 50 years ago. It has a "strange" shaped pistol grip area( very deep in the pinky finger area, to be uncomfortable) and it has a Redfield rear peep sight. I am wondering if anyone can explain the stock shape, and tell me if the rear sight might be factory or not. I called Winchester and they have no records other than year of mfg. which was 1937.

Any educated guesses would be appreciated.

Thank you

Redraider
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:51 pm
Hello, and welcome to the site !! Sounds like a very interesting model 70. If you could post a few pictures for us to look at, it would be a great help to identify it.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:49 pm
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any pics, and I wouldn't know how to post anyway, but I will try to get some and figure out the rest(not computer literate). No telling how long this might take though!

Redraider
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:18 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Redraider !!

Pictures would help us help you...Try using the free image hosting site called Photobucket...

http://www.photobucket.com/

Return to Pre-64 Models