rear sights

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:04 pm
Hey, guys, need a good source for period correct rear sights for pre-64 70's.my d
My regular stop for odds and ends, gunparts.com (numrich) continues to be out of what I need and I haven't been able to scare up a new outlet. A search for Sights and Elevators didn't give me much, so I thought I'd turn to my friends in low places! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
20g
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:40 pm
Hello keith,

Try this:

http://homesteadparts.com/
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:45 am
Will do, redryder, many thanks! One of my good friends in the collector club I belong to is a Korean War vet, as an aircraft mechanic, just chockfull of interesting stories and all-around good guy. He retired from Bell Helicopter here in Amarillo, as head machinist and has garageful of odds and ends that I get to dive into every now and then. Thanks again for your service, my friend!
20g
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:58 am
When you see him again, please say hello from me. Tell him I flew Robinson R22. Never made it to the wide bodies.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:14 pm
Will do. I think he was the go-to guy for B-25's (or B-26's,can't remember which) and I mid him about never losing his New Jersey accent; still says "dese, dat, and dose".you know we Southerners aren't troubled with accents!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:16 pm
Will do. I think he was the go-to guy for B-25's (or B-26's,can't remember which) and I mid him about never losing his New Jersey accent; still says "dese, dat, and dose".you know we Southerners aren't troubled with accents!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:34 pm
Big success! Thanks to redryder, two rear sights are on their way to me from Homestead Parts! A bit of advice in ordering, I used the internet connection through my phone rather than cranking up a computer, and was consistently stuck at Verify Order; never got to a Submit Order option, tried tthree times, gave up and called it in. It appears that online ordering is not compatible with phones; at least not with mine. Hey, the goodies are on the way, so I'm a happy guy!
20g
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:46 pm
Glad you scored the sight parts. I don't have cards anymore, or a phone that is Internet capable. I'm old school. Had to many hassles with hackers, scammers and other morons having to much time trying to steal my ID. I use the PC to gather the order and pay by USPS money order, or personal check if the vendor knows me by previous orders.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:07 pm
Very wise man to take precautions. I cringe on the rare occasions thst I have to use the only card I have for online orders. Fortunately the vendors I use I have a history with, so I don't agonize over it too much. Still, with the number of evildoers with keyboards increasing every day, it pays to use caution. Be well, amigo, keep your flies, martinis, and powder dry!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:25 am
Update on my Homestead sight order. Came in promptly, but had only one rear sight in the padded envelope instead of my order of two. Sent a detailed email and waited a day for a respnse; didn't get one, so made a follow-up phone call. Noted to the guy who answered tgat the order page they sent had the "Quantity 2" circled, but only got one. While I was on tge phone, he printed out a new order and was sending it out same day. I think it was hust an oversight, and I'm under the impression that it is a relatively small operation with just a few employees. They have a substantial inventory but likely don't need that many foljs to manage it. Just letting you guys know I think I'm a satisfied customer; guess I'll know wgen other sight shows up!
20g
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:40 am
I have purchased a lot of parts from them over the past thirty-years. Never had a problem. Have learned the larger the business/vendor, the more they don't care. Customer service/support is so terrible in some, I'm irritated before I press the 1st button in the loop. They probably are under thin staff. Hope all goes well with the remaining part shipping.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:22 pm
Absolutely Homestead and Numrich are great for parts, and service! My two "go to" places when I need parts.
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:11 am
Big success, now a satisfied customer! Got the second sight in yesterday with a short handwritten note of apology for the oversight. They have a wide variety of parts and I will certainly use them again. Thanks again to redryder for the tip!

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:09 pm
You had better luck than I have. I tried calling them as many as ten times a day over the course of two weeks and never got anyone. I needed a couple of parts for my Mod 63 . They carry both but only show one of the parts in stock so I was trying to find out when they might have the other in stock.Guess I'll keep trying.

Eddie
Grumpy Old Man With A gun - Do Not Touch

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:36 pm
Eddie Southgate wrote:You had better luck than I have. I tried calling them as many as ten times a day over the course of two weeks and never got anyone. I needed a couple of parts for my Mod 63 . They carry both but only show one of the parts in stock so I was trying to find out when they might have the other in stock.Guess I'll keep trying.

Eddie

I have had them contact me and they found the parts I need . They are a bit slow on the initial contact but they seem to locate the parts quick enough . I am a happy camper and will use them first in the future for all things Winchester.

Eddie
Grumpy Old Man With A gun - Do Not Touch

Return to Pre-64 Models