need help with the right butt plate

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:01 pm
I have an 1894 in 32 w.s. that was manufactured 1940 or 1941 that needs a butt plate but i`m unsure which one is right. I`ve seen plastic, checkered steel, and even a cresent plate. Anyone know which one is right and maybe where I can get replacement for mine. I really didn`t want a brand new one.

burch
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:59 am
Could you post a picture in order for us to ascertain which butt plate would fit...?

Thanks...

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:49 pm
here ya go Image

.22LR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:52 am
Looks like the butt on my early 60s vintage 94. It has a steel buttplate, checkered all over from memory.. It is nearly midnight here and the rifle is downstairs in the safe. I will endeavour to get a pic tomorrow and post it. I also have a Classic which has a similar plate I think.

In the meantime, I'd be glueing a piece of rubber to that butt so that I could use it and the butt would be protected. Those thin, hard (ish) rubber boot/shoe re-soling pieces would be the go. Run a bit of masking tape around the end of the stock to protect it, cut the rubber a tad generous oversize, glue and weight down with a bag of shot or similar. When completely dry, trim with a sharp knife, being very, very careful.

Bingo, rifle is back in business while you scrounge up a replacement.

They are a sweet rifle aren't they?
"I'll helpyou down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

Towns tamed, widders consoled, deep thoughts thunk, sipping whisky graded.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:38 pm
Here's what it should look like....This is my .30-30 (1952)
Attachments
3030bp.jpg
3030bp.jpg (131.6 KiB) Viewed 6370 times

Return to Pre-64 Models