Bought this 1894 today and it is kinda odd

Want to show off your Winchester? Here is the place to do it!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:40 pm
it is a 1894 Winchester in 30 wcf, has a 20 inch octagon barrel serial number 3783xx dates it in 1906 I believe. the oddity is the trigger, hammer, loading gate, cartridge tube support, and the curved rifle butt plate are either plated in gold or some other metal. any info would be appreciated.

I tried to post pics but it kept telling me they were too big and I kept reducing them until it said board quota has been reached

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:20 am
Pic can be seen now... ( Best format size is 500 x 500 pixels )

{ It's possible it can be Gold Plated...can't tell from the pic }

Beautiful Condition for a 1906 firearm...

Do you hunt...?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:38 am
thanks, you can tell it has been reblued but looking over the dark bore it still has prominent rifling, I want a shooter and not a collectors piece and I think I found it is this one.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:37 pm
Yes she has been totally redone. Shoot her a few times but even a nice rest depending on model, year and caliber, they can still maintain some value. Personally to old and to nice in my opinion to make a full time shooter.
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:42 am
shot it Saturday and she performed great, nice old shooter, think I will keep it
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:10 am
I'd definitely keep her, shoot her every now and again. I collect guns, some I shoot some I don't and some I shoot every now and again. Either way I treat them All with TLC.

Is the furniture on her darker than the pics reflect?
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:53 am
ColdWarGrunt wrote:I'd definitely keep her, shoot her every now and again. I collect guns, some I shoot some I don't and some I shoot every now and again. Either way I treat them All with TLC.

Is the furniture on her darker than the pics reflect?

no it is actually that light, gun shot extremely well for original bore over a hundred years old, I just wish the previous owner, owners had left the plating off unless it came that way, one post somewhere I saw said ther were 19 rifles came from Winchester with gold plating. would be nice if it was and it would shut the skeptics mouths over on the Winchester collectors forum as all they can do is cut the gun down.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:05 pm
I am a member of the WACA as well and those guys know their stuff for sure. As long as you are happy with it is All that matters!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to Photo And Video Gallery