Sold my Pre-war

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:28 pm
Finally decided to let it go, just too heavy to handle with my arthritis. Wasn't perfect, or correct, so sold it cheap. Buyer did not want the B&C synthetic stock so will post it in the for sale section. Was sad to see the old girl go, she gave me a lot of enjoyment on the range and put a lot of meat in the freezer but had to be realistic, comes a time you have to let go.

Years ago I bought the new controlled feed M70 FWT made in South Carolina in 243. This one is accurate, attractive, works smoother than any bolt gun I have ever owned and is light enough I can still handle it. So even with one gone life is still good.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:14 am
Sorry to hear of your loss but I will say, if S.C. M 70 shoots like mine, a .325 WSM, you shouldn't miss. They are very nice rifles as you noted.
Too old to be nice, never too old to learn!
20g
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:30 am
My condolence Rich. Seller remorse will fade over time. I have survived several over the years.

Good that you are well pleased with the 70.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Return to Winchester Model 70