Lighten Trigger on Miroku 1892 ?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:35 pm
My trigger pull is #5.25, way to heavy, need to get it to #3
Any tutorials on lightening the trigger pull on these rifles?
Or pics of disassembly?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:44 am
With the rebounding hammer it will be interesting in what responses you get. I am happy with my trigger but will be watching to see the responses.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:42 am
jstanfield103 wrote:With the rebounding hammer it will be interesting in what responses you get. I am happy with my trigger but will be watching to see the responses.

Seems odd, I have been scowering the Net and there is very little info on doing any
mods to the Miroku 1892's or finding any parts, even springs and such.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:21 pm
Hylander,
I did the rebounding Hammer fix today after I saw this post and I believe it was yours also on another forum. At the end I will put the link in. I really am happy with the rebounding hammer fix. Only question I had was how would the safety work after it was done.
After doing the fix if I left the hammer all the way down against the firing pin and put the safety in the safe position you could not pull the hammer back it was locked against the firing pin. If you put the hammer in half cock and or full cock and put the safety on it would let you pull the trigger but the hammer could not hit the firing pin. Worked great. If you put the hammer in half cock position and pulled the trigger the hammer will fall and hit the firing pin with the safety off. Just want you to be aware of how the safety would work with the Rebound hammer fix done.

Here is the link, pretty close for the 1892 except the leg is on the other side (right side of strut instead on the left side as the 1886 is) Really easily done, also lightened the trigger up just a hair.

Here is the link
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... x-Tutorial
20g
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:29 pm
The Winchester levers have been over tinkered by various manufacturers since going from original Winchester design. The levers have worked as original design safely in the hands of prudent handlers.

First came the ridiculous cross bolt safety. Then tang safety. Now rebound hammer. Retooling safety will not fix stupid. Misfires caused by rebounding hammers are far more unsafe than half-cock.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm
redryder,
I totally agree, but would like to let everyone else know what they are getting into when they disable the rebounding hammer. So far I am very glad I did and it was extremely easy.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:26 am
jstanfield103 wrote:Hylander,
I did the rebounding Hammer fix today after I saw this post and I believe it was yours also on another forum. At the end I will put the link in. I really am happy with the rebounding hammer fix. Only question I had was how would the safety work after it was done.
After doing the fix if I left the hammer all the way down against the firing pin and put the safety in the safe position you could not pull the hammer back it was locked against the firing pin. If you put the hammer in half cock and or full cock and put the safety on it would let you pull the trigger but the hammer could not hit the firing pin. Worked great. If you put the hammer in half cock position and pulled the trigger the hammer will fall and hit the firing pin with the safety off. Just want you to be aware of how the safety would work with the Rebound hammer fix done.

Here is the link, pretty close for the 1892 except the leg is on the other side (right side of strut instead on the left side as the 1886 is) Really easily done, also lightened the trigger up just a hair.

Here is the link
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... x-Tutorial

Thanks for the report,
I did the Rebound fix, but have nor shot it yet.
Not that impressed though, did not lighten my trigger at all, still #5.25
Polished the hammer but no improvement either.
Going to try to alter the trigger return spring.

Return to Winchester Model 1892