Winchester Wildcat semi auto rifle .22 LR

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:20 pm
Does anybody know when these rifles will be available for sale. I've had one on order since September 2019 from Cabela's and they don't know anything other than to keep responding to the back order. Thanks.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:19 am
Welcome Highland , sorry but I am of no help. Stick around someone may know.
Too old to be nice, never too old to learn!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:33 am
I have had one on order from Brownells since April. I have called Winchester several times since only to get responses like soon or next month. It appears there are importing issues as they are coming from out of country (Turkey, if I recall correctly) When I called last week the rep claims that they are now able to ship and that they have been sending them out for the past couple weeks. I am still not holding my breath as it seems like they have been blowing smoke as to keep one from buying a Ruger or Thompson Center. I honestly told them that I was excited to get one for the first few months, but have since lost interest and figure when mine finally arrives it will almost be a non-event. I would think that the backorders would take several months to fulfill at which time shelves will be lined with them as people will be buying other rifles instead.

Winchester rep insists that I should be patient as they are not ones to blame for the importing issues. I told them that they should not have announced it until sure they could deliver. It may be hype for awhile, but makes me mad and want to avoid them for the false "NEW FOR 2019" early in 2019 but not available for a full year. They also insist that their magazines will be readily available soon as well. A different manufacturer, but I have yet to see a Thompson Center magazine available on its own since I purchased one of their guns when they came out. Then again, I quit looking as I already have many Ruger magazines. I suspect that since ruger mags abundant and cheaper that the competition would not sell many even if have last shot hold open.

My daughter's birthday passed, as has Christmas. Maybe they will be out in time for a retirement gift? She just recently graduated as a University of Arizona Wildcat, so I would think they will be available by then....maybe long forgotten.
20g
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:21 pm
howdy Century,

Welcome to the Winchester herd. This site is limbo as there are only 4 active posters.

Winchester has lost sight (pun) of its customer base. Cutting quality and farming out to any foreign company that will work cheap. This is my personal opinion.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Return to Winchester Wildcat 22